March 28
Ship rolled all night. Didn’t get much sleep till morning.
Breakfast-skipped
Lunch-“prison soup” and bad sausage, chocolate pudding
Dinner-pizza, pretty good
March 29
Breakfast-slept through
Lunch-chicken and rice with chocolate ice cream. The captain and chief engineer bitched about the Russian cook in their native German tongue. They really don’t like the cook.
Dinner-cold cuts, Chief Engineer refused to come for dinner
March 30
Breakfast-slept though
Lunch-a type of slop
Dinner-more slop but with a free beer
An extremely bumpy morning. It felt like large earthquakes where hitting every few minutes for about an hour. The bow of the ship was going up and down like crazy. It turns out that they shut down the engines for maintenance and all of the shaking was from waves hitting the ships hull.
March 30 (yes, we had the privilege of repeating a day, so I am actually a day older than you)
Breakfast-X
Lunch-old beef and rice, cook seems to be running out of food
Dinner-long macaroni noodles with a giant meatball and a shriveled plum hidden inside
I watched The Big Red One with Mark Hamill. It was horrible.
Today was the second March 30th. We had to repeat a day since we crossed the International Date Line (unfortunately I was stood up). When the ship heads west they skip a day.
March 31
Breakfast-X
Lunch-cabbage soup and chicken fried pork
Dinner-spaghetti with chunks of some sort of meat
Struggling with reading, nothing is keeping me interested
April 1
Lunch-food
Dinner-food
Sleepless. Laid in bed till I drifted off around 6am. Was in a daze the rest of the day.
April 2
Lunch-pork and potatoes, blood red soup
Dinner-cold cuts and potato salad
Another sleepless night. Today’s dinner conversation showed me that I have been pronouncing “Adolf” wrong all these years. Friends would say I was being tactless for mentioning Hitler, Himmler and Hess during a meal with Germans, but they started it with their complaints of Bush and Beckham!
April 3
Lunch-fish and mashed potatoes
I haven’t been able to eat much of anything the past couple of days. Maybe it is due to lack of sleep.
Finally made it to Long Beach at 16:02, only 2 minutes late! It was nice to see land when I woke up this morning.
Took the seafarer bus to Long Beach’s Walmart. My God!! Put me back on the ship to the land of skinny people! I understand that when one gets older they gain weight, but all the people I saw where in their 20s or younger and had huge stomachs exploding asses and drooping chests. I had to eat an entire large pizza and four large diet Cokes to get over the shock.
I won’t shit for a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Welcome back to 'merica.
Texas has lots of skinny people. I promise.
Post a Comment