The school gave me an interesting offer yesterday. I was given the chance to live in the "guest house" at the new school which we will be moving to at the end of the year. I went to see this "guest house" and wow. It has no sink, no shower, no cooker, no room, and it is called a dorm room where we are from. They want to stick me in with all the students, share a toilet, shower, and washing machine with all the students. This will give them the chance to know when I leave and when I come home, how often I visit the toilet, and even have me patrol the halls.
After careful consideration I declined their kind offer and they were shocked...
SHOCKED(!!!) that I didn't want it. Why wouldn't I want to eat only at designated times (at the cafeteria) and be surrounded by 700 teenagers 24 hours a day? Oh, and the nearest shop is 10 times as far away.
On another note, I was invited out by the discipline team to have dinner and shoot the breeze. It was a lot of fun and we ate piles of raw fish and soju (Korean whiskey). The lead disciplinarian offered me the chance to join the team. I agreed and next semester I will have the power to beat the students!!! (I am pretty sure that I won't be beating anyone though.) They must have been impressed with my mobile phone confiscating skills.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
How could you pass up such a generous offer. You could bond with the students and teach them your special 'number 3' techniques!
Post a Comment