The camp is going well, the kids still like me and I like them for the most part. The bosses took us out a couple of times, once to some Korean place where the head boss got wasted on rice wine, then on Friday we went to Bennigan's. I was surprised how good the food tasted and how full I got on almost nothing. It was a bit much since it was all the employees but I think everyone had fun.
After many of us went to a karaoke room and sang our hearts out. I did some Blondie which seemed to be a hit, but the Koreans doing their rapping stole the show. The (s)Hite beer was flowing and we all forgot that we had to work the next morning. There were numerous Irish songs (Cranberries and whatnot) so I think the island girls were happy. Mom would have been proud of my "Sweet Caroline".
I have pretty much decided to stay here for my full contract. It will be 5 months longer but I will be able to save enough to either go on some adventures or start grad school or something. At this point it looks as if the Trans-Siberian railroad adventure is off, but now I am looking into a trans-Pacific journey. I have to see if the dates line up but I saw some going from Busan (where I live) to LA, Houston, Tampa, or NYC.
Also, since I am sticking around I may take a ferry to China for a week or so. I get two weeks off in February and don't feel like sitting around boring ol' Korea.
Oh, and in 8 days I'll be 100% out of debt!!!!!!! The whole reason I came here was to pay back being stupid for a few years. I was able to do it in 4 months, so the rest will be pure profit!

No comments:
Post a Comment