February 9, 2007

Even worse

I have been complaining a lot about Koreans but today was one of the worst. It started ok. I was riding the subway meeting a friend and part way through the journey an old Korean sat beside me and we had a nice little chat. Good guy. When I got off the subway and met my friend things instantly changed. My friend is a cute Korean girl. About a minute after meeting she noticed that people were staring and not giving very kind looks at us, but mostly directed towards her. This happened the entire evening. It was because she was Korean and was with a white face (me). I have gotten used to a bit of the xenophobia here but it really made me angry the way they treated her. It upset her so much that we ended the evening early. It didn't help that we ran into one of her friends and all he tried to do was make me look dumb in front of her. I held back as much as I could but a few little comments slipped out. I am not violent but this night has definitely made me want to whack a few Koreans in the head.

No I know how mixed couples in America (and elsewhere) feel when ignorant rednecks stare and make asinine comments. This girl is just a friend, it wasn't like we were walking arm in arm or anything. God I can't wait to get out of this backwards country.

In their defense, I did not see a single Korean female doing anything negative, just the guys...dickheads.

Grrrrr rabbit!

Here is a video of typical Korean men.

1 comment:

Steven said...

So cutie!! They look just like my high school girls!