I am on vacation again. The Korean school system is quite screwed-up. My schedule:
Dec 3-7-finished teaching, give final exams
Dec 8-22-stay at school but don't teach, watch movies
Dec 23-Feb 4-vacation (I worked at a camp for extra money, some English teachers have to sit at the school and do nothing while the school is void of all students and other teachers)
Feb 5-Feb 16-stay at school but don't teach (can't watch movies because computer is broken)..End of school year
Feb 17-March 1-vacation (except for coming in on the 26th for a "meeting")
March 2 (Friday!!)first day of new school year
We have just wasted a month of school doing absolutely nothing. It isn't just my school but every single school in the country. When asked why the schedule is like this the only answer anyone gives is "that's the way it has always been."
So now I have 2 weeks off and nothing to do. I may see a bit of Korea,but it all looks the same, so I doubt it. Time to catch up on my reading I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Let's go to Dokdo!
Post a Comment