February 15, 2008

A bit more

Well, I have finally fixed my computer. I went down to the Apple store in Shibuyu (where the big intersection is that is in all the movies) which is a 2 hour train ride away. I am not in Tokyo yet, I am in Yosukaido( which is a bit further out) for another 2 weeks. When I finally found the store they told me I had to make an appointment and come back tomorrow! So I made the appointment and got back on the train for my 2 hour ride home. During that trip home I got to experience the crush that is rush hour train rides. Luckily it was only for a few stops but people were squeezed where people shouldn't be squeezed. Other than getting a little warm it wasn't so bad and no hentai (pervert) tried to grab me or anything.

After getting home I decided that I didn't want to do another 4 hour journey so I just figured out what was wrong with it myself and now all is good.

Last Sunday we all went out to a local bar with the karaoke on salary men. It was good and there are pictures below to prove it!

Salary man, bar owner, bartender

Yumi, Eric-M, Chris, Salary man

Salary man

Monday was spent in Akihabara, which is the huge part of town that is nothing but electronics stores. I was hoping on finding some good deals but everything seemed overpriced. I was told about the greatness of the duty free shops, but they seemed even worse! Oh well. I did buy a Nintendo DS so I can practice my Japanese and Spanish. It is great to have on long train rides and having it fools all the Japanese because it makes them think you are one of them!

While in Akihabara I saw some Cosplay kids. These are folks who dress like their favorite comic hero. This is Japan, so their heros dress like 13 year old Victorians in very short skirts.


I was in training all this week with my house-mates and we will finish up and then observe who we are replacing next week. Boring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Little Brother, quite impressed by the poetry - I assume the Scott who signed it is you! Great stuff!
Good luck over there - glad to see some things don't change - the girls were dressed as Bo-Peeps when I visited.

Anonymous said...

I always thought you were the SIlver Surfer!