I had to drive a U-haul from San Diego to Dallas. I couldn't go over 65 mph or the governor would kick-in and slow me down to 55. All there was available for entertainment was a lousy AM/FM radio and two fish. I spent much of the time driving through the desert and only had my Grammy pipes to keep me going. I often wished I had taped everything I said and sang over the course of the trip. I do remember lots of cursing and yelling when the roof started to leak onto my head during a storm. Also I remember lots of cursing and yelling when the truck just seized-up and stopped in the middle of Odessa. There was also that time when I started dry-heaving after an overdose of caffeine pills and green tea, and the other time when the truck passing me had its tire explode and bits of rubber flying into my cab.
I wish I had a recorder for all that stuff.
One of the fish died on the journey.
Looks like there might be a tornado here today.
1 comment:
Too much time on your hands, eh?
Post a Comment