The "Turkey" picture was done by Tomas Zednik of Brno, Czech Republic. He is an engineer and teacher at Brno Technical University. Tomas is also one of my very first students whom I taught while he was /is(?) working at Timkin.
Marcus Hensel, of Oregon, created the fabulous "Rabbi". While Marcus isn't fighting pancreatic problems he likes to read crap ye olde English manuscripts and cosplay as Leia dressed in her slave outfit.
Though he didn't follow the rules of a holiday submission, I allowed Steve Gabel to enter. Steve lives in Chicago (hence the Cubs entry) studying teaching English. We spent some time together in Czech and Korea where Steve liked to get massages and be a burberry man (바바리맨).
The winning entry was done by my oldest brother Brian Smith (Boobily). Though he did seem to copy one of my example pictures, you, the people, chose his as the winner. I have known Brian for 31 years and he was always praised for his artistic abilities while my middle brother and I received "meh" as encouragement for our works of art. When Brian isn't drawing heds on doll bodies, he is walking around with doll bodies hanging round his neck. A photo below shows the family resemblance (this is an unphotoshopped picture of my brother...sadly.

Thanks for all who participated! And Boobily, I will send your prize out soon!

1 comment:
"I'd like to thank the academy and all my fellow graphic artists out there struggling to make a difference. Most of all I'd like to thank my family and friends who supported me while I suffered through putting Scott's deformed head on a Santa doll baby. I'm sure whatever black market gift Scott picks up as an award will hold a place of honor in my house - maybe next to my own collection of doll baby wearables! Thank you all again..." - Boobalee (not "Boobily"!)
Post a Comment