There was a lacrosse tournament on Monday, but since I didn't have the proper paperwork turned in (and since nobody told me about it) I wasn't able to play. I was not the only one, but I wish they'd tell me things in advance. I didn't even know about the tournament until the day before. After sitting around watching them play for hours and hours, I was able to suit up to play against the under-19 National team. I started and played the first 10 minutes full of energy and ready to do some good. Nobody told me that the U-19 team was so bad. The ball got down to our side of the field only once in the 10 minutes of the first quarter.
I was relieved after those previously mentioned 10 minutes, but no worries I thought, there are three more quaters to play. After the end of the first quarter though, everyone on our team started taking their gear off and another team ran onto the field. Turns out they forgot to inform me that we were only playing 1 quarter. Glad I sat around for 7 hours watching them play so I could get in for ten minutes at the end of the day. Oh, and the only rain all day was during those 10 minutes.
Afterwards though they made up for it by paying for my drinks and food at a nearby restaurant. While eating and drinking, on guy kept taking off his shirt and another kept passing out. They all treated me well and made me feel like I was a part of the team (I think they finally realized that I am not as crappy as I first appeared).

Unfortunately we left late and I missed the last train to my apartment. It is only 3 short stops away but cost $25 for a taxi. At least I didn't have to pay for the drinks that night.

No comments:
Post a Comment