May 21, 2008



I was reading this article when I was reminded of my own taxi trip. I had to take the taxi after I missed the last train for the night and the walk home would have been a long one (and I was carrying all my lacrosse gear to boot).

As I finally got into a taxi (after waiting in a long line with other poor souls who missed the train) to find that the driver could not understand my pronunciations of anything. Lucky for me I always carry my ipod along. I was able to pull up a map i saved on it and could show him where I lived. Yay for technology!

While getting there it turned out he spoke English fairly well, and even knew what lacrosse was. We chatted aimlessly as the meter cranked away at an alarming rate until I finally noticed he flew by my apartment.

The Other week I went to the Thai Festival. No pictures of that worth showing, but here are some others I took that day.

School girls wearing longer than normal skirts.

Domo-kun

Not so sure about this.

A great Japanese toilet.

Again, no idea.

1 comment:

edot3021 said...

Sometimes I think this place you speak about was made just for me toys, toilets, walking cartoon characters...