I bought an old Univega bike from Craig's List the other week. It is from 1985 and was only used 3 times. I am slowing getting it up to speed so it will last a trip to my family's "barn" near the Ohio/Pennsylvania border.
As I hadn't ridden a bike (if you don't count the mountain biking park) for any distance in years, I took it out for a spin to my old hometown about 10 miles from my grandma's house (more on that in another post).
My childhood home
The past weekend I went riding with my brother and some of his friends to watch a baseball game at old League Park. It is The Indians' old stadium during the early 20th century where Babe Ruth hit his 500th homerun. Most of the stadium is gone now except for the main entrance wall. There were two teams playing on the field wearing old timey uniforms and playing with 1860's rules (one of which means no gloves for catching the ball).

On my ride to Hometown I saw the bird below.
It reminded me of this.

No comments:
Post a Comment