May 31, 2009

Biking


My brother and I rode our bikes to the family barn last weekend. It seemed to be all uphill and a lot farther than I remember it being. Driving on the highway is about 110 miles but since we were biking we had to use side roads and got a bit off track. We ended up going 160 miles and taking the harder paths to get there. The final (3rd) day was a horribly long uphill 26 miles. Only after we finished did we hear about the easy flat way around the lake that we could have taken. Don't always trust Google maps.


It was a good time but my legs weren't functioning well the following days. It was nice to have Uncle Tom there to help out with everything (most importantly ridding the barn of mice and bats!) If you want to see more go to the "Pictures" tab on the right. -->


This past Friday I rode with my brother and his brother-in-law to my grandmother's cottage on Lake Erie. We somehow got caught in a huge storm that left us completely drenched. At least we were able to get some cold beer and good pizza before we all fell promptly to sleep.

While in Japan I saw a lot of vending machines. They sold drinks, corn soup, beer and condoms but none that I saw sold this (seen on the way to the cottage)...

No comments: