May 1, 2010

The un-boxing

One great thing about living in such a tiny country (the size of Indiana) is that domestic shipping takes no more than a day and is often free when shopping online. So far I have purchased my bed, couch, tv, and oven online. I have also moved to online food purchases, especially for some harder to find international foods.


I eat chicken breasts nearly everyday. After awhile this starts to add up in costs, that's when I came across Gmarket. If you can survive the onslaught of nonstop flash and have a computer equipped with Explorer 6, you are good to go! Oh, you also need to be Korean because you must have a Korean identification number and a Korean credit card (which is difficult to get for us poor expatriots. The banks blame the Chinese).



Even Arnold likes it!

I (well, my Korean friend) am able to buy 10kgs (22lbs.) for $50-$60, that's half of what it would cost in a store. I can order it on a Monday and it will be waiting for me frozen solid when I get home from school Tuesday.



It comes nicely packed in a dirty Styrofoam cooler.


Packed to the gills with chicken breast tastiness.


10 bags, each with 2.2lbs of meat.


It takes up quite a bit of room in the freezer.

BONUS!!

My special marinade-put chicken (2.2 lbs) into a Tupperware bowl. Pour beer (one bottle), soy sauce (two glugs), Worcestershire sauce (five hearty shakes), garlic (to each their own), peppers (the more the better) and let sit for a few hours. If you really want, wrap the chicken in kimchi when you cook it. It doesn't really do much for the taste, but it is messy and makes me feel like I am turning Korean. ASAH!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds disgusting...