I was told that Busan fans really get into the games but from past experiences this didn't hold true. This time the game was packed and there was so much energy. The whole stadium erupted into trot songs. Trot is a traditional Korean music that is crap (listen to the music on my Korean slide show a few posts down). I guess it is sort of what a European soccer/football game is like and we had a great time. The team put on a good show as well beating the other team (no idea who it was) 8-2. During the game Steve and I decided to try and make it to every baseball stadium in Korea. It isn't that lofty of a goal since there are only 8, but it will get us out and see some more of this country before we both leave.
The next day we took the high-speed train (that didn't get to any high speed) to Daegu to watch a soccer/football game. We got to this giant concrete ugliness that was built for the 2002 world cup. It was ugly and too big. We had no trouble finding seats since there were so few people there but it was a great game with Daegu beating Ulsan 3-1. I also experienced some of the worst beer ever.
Yesterday I took a "culture day"/skipped school. We are testing this week which means I sit at a desk and do nothing or go to the teachers' room for a nap. I wandered around the fish market and took some pictures. I used a better camera this time so things look a bit better.
I was just told that one of my neighboring teachers has just gotten into some money and is taking us all out to lunch! Oh, and after lunch I can go home! Hooray!
Posted more pics, click on the link to the right!


No comments:
Post a Comment