April 16, 2007

Weekend pains



I actually had an active weekend this go 'round. There was a teacher soccer tournament that I played in with my high school co-workers. It was strictly a male affair, the women folk aren't so much into sport here sadly. Even though I suck they still played me and I had lots of fun. We won our first game but lost the second in a close game. I played horrible the second game but what can you expect from a beginner? The worst part of all was that I broke my smile. After trying to do a header I did more of a facer and after the sting went away I noticed little bits floating around in my mouth. Turned out to be pieces of my tooth. It is not too bad but the only nightmares that I ever get are about my teeth falling out so it freaked me out for a few seconds.

After the second game a teacher invited me over to his house to meet is family. I gladly accepted but just after that he asked me about religion. One of the ploys of some churches here is to invite you out but then almost kidnap you and force you to watch some films about their religion. I was a bit nervous until he told me he was Catholic, one of the few religions here that leaves people alone.

So I went to his house were his family gathered around me while I impressed them with my amazing English skills. They were truly in awe. Then he took me home. It was the second teacher's family that I have met and they were both so kind and friendly.

I got home to the picture you see below. This is piled right in front of all the mail boxes and animals get into it all the time since the idiots in my building don't know how to keep the door closed. It is really beginning to stink as well so I am having my school call the landlord to get it cleaned up. No idea why these people (the ones living in my apartment, not all Koreans) think that it is OK to just throw their trash where-ever.

I think I'll go to the dentist this week.

No comments: