While riding a nice ajumma (old woman) invited me to sit next to her in the old people/pregnant lady section. She was very nice and kept telling me I need to study Korean by reading the newspaper (at least this is what I think she was saying). When she found out where I was going she announced it to the rest of the car and must have assumed I was lost and couldn't read a map (foreshadow!!!) Everyone stared.
My phone broke recently but I have been able to receive calls, just not dial out. So I waited at the station for over an hour for Steve to call. Finally, after not getting a call I tracked his number down, got in touch, and eventually figured out that I was at Seongnai station, and should have been at Songnai station. I looked at my map again and surprise surprise! No Songnai to be found. They never updated the maps since the last expansion of the tracks. Also, it was an easy mistake. The Romanization of Korean is tricky at best. I live in Busan, but half of the signs say Pusan. I live on the island of Youngdo (or Yeoungdo, or Yongdo) and Steve lives in Yeosu (or Yosu). So I am not that stupid and I wasn't the only one to make the exact same mistake that evening.
So, at 10ish pm I finally meet up with everyone (that is almost 10 hours of traveling) which could have been done in 3ish if I took the fast train and was more knowledgeable of the Seoul subway system.
We had good food and bad beer.
After we went to a noraebang called "Bat Man".
The next day was spent in "China Town" but it seemed to me too look just like "Korea Town". We did get some Chinese food though which was tasty.

No comments:
Post a Comment