July 29, 2007

Nothing Doing

It has been a slow week. English camp started Friday and I found out Thursday that I was going to be teaching math and Friday they changed it to social studies. It is more of vocabulary building than anything else but the kids are smart and nice for the most part.

Went to an ex-pat bar with one of the camp teachers who is from Vermont. We met an Englishman and an Irishman who were in town for business. The Irish guy bought many rounds and gave me his daughter's email address.

Other than that it has been boring here so I will post some pics I got from here showing Korean protesters. Koreans love to protest and there must be a nice little industry for printing up headbands and sashes with slogans on them.

This first picture is of a cattle farmer throwing cow dung on American beef that has just been allowed back in the US after a long hiatus following a mad cow scare a few years back. All Koreans seem to think that the US is packed with mad cow.


Next are protesters with dog heads.


This guy is upset that the Koreans lost to the Swiss in the World Cup. FIFA (soccer's governing body) even had to block Korea from accessing it's website because of all the trouble they were creating (they were upset with a couple refereeing decisions, the referee was right).


These guys are about to cutoff their fingers.


Prostitutes upset that their trade had been made illegal. Of course their are brothels on almost every street corner, but Korea has a huge don't ask policy for many of its laws.


Also, if I ever get arrested I hope it's in the Philippines...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, goofy stuff - still is my favorite video, for cons they did a pretty good job and the woman was bad looking until she turned around..YIKES!
About Korean protesting, probably the only people in the world who protest more than the French.
About the beef, all about money - and the way I see it, never had a good piece of beef (at least in the way of steak or burger) in the year I was there - would be wasted anyways!
And, bad refs? How about the '88 Olympics..boxing..

Scott said...

Who is a Roy Jones Jr. fan? Since the topic is bad refs, have to add in the 2002 World Cup and their siding with Korea a few too many times.