It has been an eventful past couple of weeks.
Camp was camp, nothing special happened but it's over now and I start "teaching" at the high school for 1 more week starting Monday.
What is it with weirdos moving to Korea to teach (keep your jokes to yourself)? I went to my beach last week and while taking a dip an Australian joined me. He quickly started in on tall tales and about all this money he is going to be making. Also told me about all the schools that have fired him. Almost like it was some sort of accomplishment. I quickly tried to get away from him.
Busan is a city of 4 million people. I went to a different beach today and who do I see? Crazy Australian! I quickly found something very interesting to look at so as to hide my "handsome face" (that is what 2 middle school girls told me today on the subway).
The differences in t
Went to a Busan baseball game with one of the teachers from the camp last Friday. It was a
We were the only foreigners in the area and the cameraman noticed this. We ended on the Jumbo-tron numerous times but it wasn't until I put my rally-cap (orange plastic bag filled with air) on that he singled me out and put just me on the screen. I gave a beauty queen wave which got a few cheers (jeers?) from the crowd. Soon after I got a message on my phone from a friend who recognized me. Seriousl, this is a huge city, why am I seeing people I know all the time?
I headed to Seoul the following day to see a friend that was visiting from the States. She is a Canadian-Bulgar living in Moscow, Idaho. We met up with others and at one pointed ended up in a gay-bar. I was told by many Koreans that there are no gay Koreans. I have to disagree with them. Just walking to the bathroom I had numerous guys grabbing my hands trying to drag me onto the dance floor. Well, at least the Korean guys like me *sigh*.
This is what I saw getting off the train in Seoul.
And this is what I heard outside...
I only have 7 days left of Korea. I will then go on a long trek around China. Not sure how long I will be gone, I am thinking 5-6 weeks but I might go crazy since I am doing it alone and cut it short. I hope that won't happen though. I will try to update while I am there, but don't count on much, I have heard that this site is a bit screwy in Chinaland.

No comments:
Post a Comment