This past week was my first full week of camp. It keeps me busy but isn't too difficult. The kids are great and there English is much better than my high school students.
I had to make a run to Seoul on Wednesday to visit the US Embassy and get some more pages put into my passport. I will be getting visas for China, Russia, and Vietnam this month and they were going to take up a lot of pages that I didn't have. As I was exiting the embassy I saw this man and hundreds of police.
After that I went and visited a nearby palace where the King of Korea lived. It was nice but I think most of it was built very recently. Tons of people at the entrance, but none of them seemed to want to go farther in, which was fine by me as I pretty much had the grounds to myself. There are pictures of it on my Flickr account, just go to the Pictures link on the right.
I saw these ladies walking down the street. Koreans love to preach the Word.
Friday night was spent with the teachers and the boss. He took us to some interesting restaurants and bars. I didn't have my camera but I will find some pics and post them later. He took us to one club that was in a hotel ballroom. This place was huge but security and staff outnumbered customers 2/1. There was a huge stage and when we got there a man and woman started dancing all sexy like. They started taking off their clothes and stopped when they got down to their skivvies.
After they finished a huge rock/techno band started playing. They all wore matching clothes and one even had a keytar. Maybe they were good, I don't remember.
Less than a month till I am outta Korea!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment