Friday we went out to one of the big beaches where we met up with my friend Steve. We were all a bit disappointed that there weren't any outdoor bars along the strip of beach so decided to just do a pub crawl. At one bar they told us they didn't have any seats in the nice area but led us up some stairs to a gigantic roof patio! It was great with a nice sea breeze and a beautiful view (I'll take pictures when I go back next week). The tables had built in refrigerators to keep our crap Korean beer nice and cold. I thought I had gone to heaven. That was the second time I have been here that I completely forgot that I was in Korea.
Went to a different beach on Sunday which was huge but only had a tiny area for swimming. There were very few people do to the overcast weather but the lifeguards were ruling with iron fists. It started to drizzle so they ordered everyone out of the water (I guess so they wouldn't get wet). I have yet to see any Korean go into the water any deeper than their thighs (my knees) but even then the lifeguards are blowing their whistles yelling for people to come closer to shore. The picture below is a typical beach scene.Notice how far out everyone isn't in the water.
Below are just some random pictures I took this week.



I see this old woman all over my island collecting cardboard boxes for recycling. She is maybe 4 feet 6 inches tall and 80+ years old but is always working so hard.
Below are some signs around town.


No comments:
Post a Comment