November 1, 2007

Home

I am finally back in the USA.

After another week in Czech I headed to London to see an old roommate and drink some fine beer. I was only there 2 nights and one full day but I got in a lot. I went with Dave (of Korea and Czech fame) to sightsee and go to the National Maritime Museum where I really wanted to see the Longitude Clocks. I was as giddy as a school boy when I saw them and didn't care about the rude Koreans pushing ahead of Dave. Actually, that last bit isn't true at all. I wanted to yell "waygook-in!!" (foreigner) at them and point and say "an-yong" (hello) like they (or at least some of their fellow countrymen) have done to me countless times.

I have to thank Potter and his future bride's brother's future bride for putting me up for the two nights.

After that I went on to Toronto to see my friend Kim Noon Sung Yi (translated it means "Dried Seaweed Snowflake) who I met in Korea. After traveling through 7 countries in 2 months, Canada was the only place to give me a hard time getting in.

I was sent to a special desk where I was quized about where I was staying (a hotel, just didn't know which one), who I was meeting (Seaweed girl), her phone number (didn't know), her birthday (didn't know), and lots of other things. The officer didn't seem to like any of my answers and had me sit and wait for 30 minutes before deciding I was mostly harmless. Yay Canada!

I had a great time in Toronto and Noon was a great hostess. She showed me all around and even took me to see the Lord's Cup. She is one of the few people in Korea (or at least met in Korea) that I will really miss.



I promise I will post loads of pictures soon. I am just waiting on my computer being shipped to me.

1 comment:

Darby said...

Welcome home! Now, when are you coming to Austin? We miss you!