December 4, 2008

Loser


I had a student ask me today if I wanted an American friend from Canada. She said that he lives nearby and I should give her(the student) my email.

I got home tonight to the following message:
Hello there...My wife is a friend of one of your students...I have heard that you are new here and you are feeling lonely...I don't usually talk to people I don't know, but my wife is twisting my arm...And since I don't know you, would you mind telling me about yourself?


Wow, is that how I look to my students? What did I say to give them the idea that I am a poor lonely man?

And what the hell is wrong with the guy writing an email like that? "I don't want to talk to you but my wife is making me...Let's be friends."

A day in my life.

No comments: