January 19, 2009

Shopping


Japan is great for fashion...if you can find things that fit.

I have never been known for being well dressed, but being the slob of the train while wearing my best clothes has inspired me to try a little harder. The main problem I have found is that everything is too small. Even XXL in Japanese terms means short and fat. I buy GAP khakis for $100 and they barely fit over my skinny thighs. Shirts end an inch short of my wrist. Jackets want to rip when I bend over to tie my shoes.


Tying shoes is another thing. I think that I am the only person in the country who must untie my boots (Timberland, not Uggs) before putting them on. The Japanese have this skill where they are able to just slip their feet into anything weather it is tied or not without any help from their hands.


In the video below (if it actually shows up) you will see my main shopping stores, but H&M has an hour long line to get in, so I have given it a pass so far.


No comments: