I left Seoul early Saturday morning after a rough Friday night.
Some of the teachers and I went out for our final night to a typical western style bar. The longer we stayed the more foreigners showed up and the louder everything became. Some were nice, some were indifferent and one was an asshole. He decided to join a conversation he wasn't invited to and was immeadiately identified as an ass. He got confrontational about something or other than was convinced to walk away.
After leaving the bar I noticed that he was following us (he had a big ugly red Houston Astros hat on) and we turned down a few alleys to see what he would do. He zigged and zagged along with us till finally the Irish lass stopped to confront him. He quickly took off his hat and walked by with his head down. He didn't do Canadians any favors that night.
Later on we had a run-in with a drunk Korean man, that was a hoot.
Now I am in Busan and on the first night back took in a baseball game. It was the Lotte Giants, who have the best fans. Unfortunately since a former president just died the cheerleader wasn't allowed to perform, so it wasn't as loud as it could have been.
I start work next week if my school can ever get the visa thing sorted. Went in to visit and one of the first things the principal said was that he wanted me to get tested for swine flu. Some Koreans seem to think it is just laying in wait in foreigner blood, ready to strike down hapless Koreans. Even after explaining that I had been in Korea for over a month he insisted. I have to get a medical check anyway, so now at least I can get the school to pay for it!

No comments:
Post a Comment