December 29, 2009

Christmas

I had a very low key Christmas, which is probably for the best. I remember a line in Apocalypse Now when the Air Cavalry was having a BBQ and Captain Willard commented about how the more they tried to make things feel like home, the more they missed it.

This Christmas I had no tree or gifts that arrived on time (my fault). I think this was better in the end since I wasn't reenacting Christmases of the past but without all the key players. It was mostly just a normal day though I did make a nice breakfast fajita with chicken, bacon, egg, cheese and grilled onions. For dinner I went out with a friend for some Outback and beer.

All-in-all a good day.

On the bus the other day the driver decorated his bus with Christmas lights and he was wearing a full-on Santa suit (bag of gifts and beard included!) You can sort of see him in the picture above, but I decided to make a bad picture worse for "arts" sake.

No comments: