July 14, 2010

Insurance

While the freshmen were doing their sea training (4 days of military style basic training) the teachers and remaining students went on a field trip to Ulsan to see Hyundai Heavy Industries. There is a huge car factory and a ship yard that builds all types of freighters. The ship yard tour took 5 minutes and was over before I could get my camera out. The car factory was 95% driving around in a disco bus with a tour guide explaining what happens in all these building we weren't allowed in. They did let us in one small factory, but we were forbidden to bring our cameras.

the disco bus, that is a huge tv in the front for karaoke

All the teachers are required to be insured, but since I am a foreigner I got special insurance. Everything in parenthesis is for me.


The circled bit says- hijacking : Scott (foreigner) : ₩70,000. If I am on a plane and it gets hijacked I get ₩70,000. That's $58.

I was more concerned about insurance for a bus accident since our driver was on his phone much of the time.


We also went to some lighthouse...


...which is behind me in the picture above.

No comments: