I am one of the fortunate few that works for a federal school and I don't have to follow the rules that city schools must follow. One such rule is "desk warming". Even though school is out and there are no students or teachers anywhere to be found, the foreign teacher is required to come and sit at his/her desk. This can be anywhere from 2-4 weeks and many will be lucky if the air conditioning is turned on as the school wants to save money.
Like I said, I am lucky and don't have to follow this idiot rule, but here is someone who does...
notes:
Taeyeon is the lead singer in Girls' Generation, a Korean pop group. Many students and teachers will sit around for hours debating who is the prettiest. (my favorite was Su-yeong until I saw a picture of her, looks like she's a Nazi too!)
The Korean writing says "shi-bal" or "fuck"
As for eating in the cafeteria, the food isn't so nice but if you don't eat some Korean teachers take it as an insult (the previous foreign teacher that worked with me didn't eat with us...he was fired)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment