November 13, 2006

My pick me up

I am reading a good book about a teacher's experiences throughout his career and made me think of my brief stint in the realm of public schools. Overall it was a good time and I learned a hellofalot about myself that needed changing. I have gotten much more relaxed over small matters like talking in class or other minor infractions of my laws but still have a long way to go.

I still keep in contact with a couple of my original students from Mart, TX and they say I wasn't all that bad but they could just be lying. I did have a couple of students that I had a tough time with though. We were always going back and for at each other (usually for some nitpicky thing or other) and I thought they hated me. Then one day for an English assignment the students had to right about who is important in their lives. The English teacher (there where 60 or so students and 3 teachers shared them) told me only one student wrote about a teacher and that it was my enemy number 1! I read this when I need to have a smile. This is what the student wrote (spelling errors are the students.)


You can trust MR Smith he is very good
at being a friend He keep secret's and very funny he is very special when I'm around him I feel like I can tell him anything that's making me mad or sad he really helps me with my problems that's why he sow special he is like the other MR Smith but younger he is very smart. MR Smith is like My Friend but he is older he is really good with kids but I know one other thing he wont have know kids of his own. Everyone thinks Miss. truss is more then MRS. Smith Friend I wonder what MRs. Smith looked when he was nine years old that would be funny.He's funny that's why he is really special but I think Mrs. Smith first Job he was a clown cause he make kid's laugh and he wear them big brown Clown shoe's and every time you see him he is in a good mood or have a smile on his face and he is a great teach teacher.

To answer your question, no, Miss Truss was NOT more than my friend.

No comments: