March 7, 2008

51 to go!

I am now in the process of completing my first week of actual work. It was easier than I thought it would be, even with the 4 year olds (luckily I only have them once). They all see to like me, but maybe they are just in the honeymoon phase.

I moved into my apartment last Saturday to find it bigger than I thought it would be. A few of the doors are a bit short (180cms to my 190cms) and have left a few lumps on my head and a few choice words lighter from my word bank. My bathroom was built for a hobbit and therefore requires me to leave the door open if I want to do any serious business. It also has another problem, Sociology Sarah would know what I am talking about (if she was 50cm taller).

I work at 2 schools, both fairly close to my apartment. One is a 5 minute walk away, the other is just 2 train stops away. At the nearby school they provide me with a computer (a MacMini!!) where I have a chance to get online. I am supposed to get Internet at the apartment (100mb/s) but it will take 2 more weeks. I wasnt a huge fan of Korea, but their `bali bali` (quickly quickly) attitude was nice when you need things like internet, cable, and proper visas. The school gave me a flat screen TV but since I dont (cant find the apostrophe on this keyboard) have cable there is nothing for me to watch.

This weekend, weather permitting, I will go out a bit more and try and take some pictures and buy some stuff to prove that I am in the land of crowded-assed train/subway.

Oh, the students... I have a 70 year range between students. One is a former model (trying to get pictures to prove it) and one is an up-and-coming TV director. Most are housewives and kids but all are pretty fun...except the ADHD kids. One is in love with Avril Lavigne and we spend the class reading an AV comic book.

Speaking of AV (the other kind)... it is everywhere! Even the secondhand stores sell second hand porn. Go to the toy shops and you see little naked Anime statues. On TV you get a little boy who takes his pants of randomly showing all his goods (or bads)

No comments: