The other week I sent in a photo for my family (minus Mom) to be zombiefied. Below is the original and the zombie pic.
Clockwise from top left-Dad, me, Chewy, Brother 2, Brother 1, Anakin


I always try to joke with the students and their parents while at work. One parent just had a new baby whose hair is always standing straight up. I called him Koizumi chan and my co-worker immediately shouted "Bad joke! Bad joke!" He has done this numerous times, I wonder if I am breaking any Japanese taboos by joking with them. I wonder if my jokes really are bad?
Koizumi

I saw a guy sitting on the train in his pajamas and a hardhat talking to someone on his computer and using a webcam and little generator to plug his computer into. I am glad I am not the only one who thought he was strange, everyone was looking at him, and the prettiest girl in the car finally got up and changed cars.

For some reason my 5 year old students can play one game of Jenga for 15 minutes but my 10 year olds cannot make it past 3 moves before it comes tumbling down.
Asians playing Jenga
During the training day I had last week there was one presenter that was a walking cliche. He was as flaming as his red hair with his pink tie, shwishy manor and being able to reference Judy Garland in a talk about teaching with technology. The greatest moment was when he was giving a demonstration lesson and announced "Today we are going to learn all about fruits!" Great guy and gave the best presentation by far!
Front left guy is a fellow Baylor grad. I have a cute girl's head growing out of my shoulder.

My goal for today is to go to the hundred yen store to bye surgical masks for my coughing students. It is getting to be sick season and I see them appearing on the trains more and more. The good thing here is that usually the sick people wear masks so as to not get others sick. I am going to start wearing them soon as well, I cannot afford to miss classes.

Earlier this week a Brit made national news by stripping naked and swimming in the moat surrounding the Emperor's Palace in the heart of Tokyo. He later tried to throw rocks and the police who were terrified of him and ran in all directions when he came near. Japanese news is great because what they usually focus on is pointless. They spent a week covering the mystery of who killed the flowers that were lining a street in some town. This was national news for a week!




No comments:
Post a Comment