After I have had a week to clear out the cobwebs, I can now write about what happened.
First I met 2 of my friends for some "happy time" drinks at a bar. It was billed as drinks at ½ price, but after we got there found out that it was one drink at ½ price for every plate of food you ordered. We promptly left and headed over to a Japanese style bar called an izakaiya.
An izakaiya is a stale place where you sit in small booths with doors. It feels more like a restaurant than a bar. The only good thing about it is most have buttons on the table that you press to call the waitress. Izakaiyas are everywhere.
One friend suggested we go to a Filipino bar that has all you can drink for $20 an hour. I was game so he hopped on he train and headed to the bar. Turns out it was a hostess bar. Hostess bars are places where men go and where women who work for the establishment talk to you and get you to buy them overpriced drinks. My friend suggested a Filipina bar because they speak English. After 30 minutes the girls get up and move to another table, only to be replaced with a fresh set of girls. Most of the girls I talked to said they didn't like the job and were searching for a factory job or something else. Nice girls, I hope things get better for them.
It is supposed to just be talking, but once it was known we were leaving (after a couple hours there) they started to get a little frisky and and ask us if we wanted sex. This would happen in a Japanese hostess bar...or so I was told. I said "no" to the offer.
I missed the last train home and had to sleep on some Japanese guy's floor. I just met the guy that night, but he paid for all of the Filipina bar expenses (such as buying the girls overpriced drinks). My old apartment was twice the size of his.
Not the best post, but watching football (Tech is getting destroyed) is not helping my concentration.

No comments:
Post a Comment