November 14, 2008

Moving


I finally get to move, and it is not soon enough. The kusobaba has been quite energetic lately. I found that she seems to make more noise after I cook some chicken in my toaster oven and turn on the fan. I think she can smell it. Can you smell what theSkaht™ is cooking?!

I should be all settled in by Sunday. My boss has a little car that we are going to have to make many trips in to move my few belongings. I guess that is better than putting the fridge on my back and carrying it Sherpa style.

I tried to get a bank account this week but ran up against the racism wall again. I was told that since it was a small bank this was excusable. While trying to do anything but study Japanese I came across this site. On it is posted a scanned high school yearbook from 1944-45. It is from a Japanese internment camp in California. Even the US has its growing pains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they look pretty cheerful considering they were in an internment camp.
jill